Monday, September 16, 2013

The Start of a Career

I have finally officially begun my career in Music Education. This is something I have anticipated and looked forward to for a long time. I guess it could be argued that since I don't yet have a job, or a degree, that I am really just beginning my education in Music Education. I, however, like to think of this as the beginning of the career. I don't get paid for it yet, but that's not why I'm going for a career. I'm want to be a Music Educator because that is a contribution of value that I feel I have to offer to the world. It is a career I think I will enjoy, a career in which I will do my best to succeed. It starts now.

It took me awhile to get into the program. I love music but my French Horn playing was right on the border line of being accepted and after lots of talking to different people and several auditions, lots of practice, and several years of waiting and hoping and trying I am now here. I couldn't have asked for a greater opportunity. Because of the long wait and hard work it took me to get in I had plenty of opportunities to ask myself if I should head a different direction, or if this was really for me. Nothing else ever worked out, this is who I am and who I am going to be.

I feel compelled to get as much out of my education as possible. I do this with the belief that the more I get out of my education the better I will be able to perform within my career. I am making a goal to track, record, review, and contemplate the things I am learning in my various classes and experiences. By writing them down I hope to enhance my learning and create a valuable resource for my career ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment